Common pests such as rats, mice, cockroaches and pigeons can carry bacteria and viruses.
They can contaminate food, food contact surfaces, food utensils and equipment which can result in cross contamination of food products and spread of bacterial pathogens leading to food poisoning.
Unfortunately, a significant number of customer complaints resulting from food poisoning are reported to Councils and NSW Food Authority, each and every day.
This impacts business reputation, decline in profits, food spoilage and in some instances business closures.
All Food Businesses are required to comply with relevant food standards and must be designed, constructed and operated in accordance with the following requirements:
- NSW Food Act 2003
- NSW Food Regulation 2015
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) Food Standards Code
- Australian Standard 4674-2004
Why wait for the annual Council or NSW Food Authority audit to highlight breaches? When Civil Pest Management can keep you informed on areas that require improvement on a real-time basis.
We understand Your business and Your regulatory obligations. Our food premises compliance reporting is the absolute best in the industry!
For multi-site (franchised) food businesses it is extremely important that every site is consistent in ensuring pest issues are being properly managed which also includes hygiene & housekeeping practices are being maintained and further comply with council regulations.
Civil Pest Management technicians will inspect each site during regular treatment visits and provide business owners with real time evaluation reports, highlighting any areas that may need improvement and compliance deficiency.
Our professional technicians have extensive working knowledge of food handling compliance obligations, including HCCP, coupled with our proven pest eradication programs we can ensure that your business is kept safe and compliant.
Our services include:
- Undertake a thorough inspection of the food premises.
- Identify the source of ongoing pest intrusions.
- Safely eradicate current infestations.
- Prepare detailed compliance report that evaluates how your business meets hygiene and housekeeping practices in line with: Council regulations – NSW Food Act 2003, AEPMA Code of Practice for Pest Management in Food Industry in Australia New Zealand.
- Work with you to implement recommendations.
- On call availability for ongoing advice.
- Provide staff training, outlining areas that require improvement.
- Provide electronic treatment records, outlining our findings and recommendations after every treatment.